Since 1993, Start Mushrooming has been the trusted guide for beginners. This second edition introduces seven of the most common, edible wild mushrooms in North America. It features more photographs and expert tips from award-winning author and naturalist Stan Tekiela that make mushroom identification even easier. Start Mushrooming includes the information you need to start foraging with confidence.
Inside you'll fine:
- Focused look at seven wild, edible mushrooms
- Unique checklist-based approach to help you confirm each mushroom's identity
- Details on toxic species to watch out for and avoid
- Generous helping of tasty recipes
- Advice from award-winning author with extensive foraging skills
Wild mushrooms are beautiful, bountiful, and delicious. This book presents the easy way to start mushrooming.